Re: Re: A task panel

On , jhs jsschmid de wrote:
> Hi!
>

> > Now that may be a good way to introduce the user to the alt-tab interface.
>
> > Tough some might not like this a whole lot since it resembles having a
>
> > taskbar.
>

> I like it! Probably the best replacement for a taskbar I have seen (as it
>
> is no real taskbar to just a clever way to pop up the alt-tab interface).
>

> I would probably give a try on patching this if there is some feedback
>
> from the design team.

I still reckon the "panel dock" is a better replacement for "alt tab" it is perfect.... it would be easy to incorporate gnome-do/docky into gnomeshell and adjust it to
show what applications are running on whatever workspace............... easy peasy.......... but will it happen? probably not...... but I suggest the devs try and think of a solution to the
inconveniences of alt tabbing or zooming out/in to relaunch an application..... quicksmart.... 4months to go.........