Re: alt-tab interface proposal

I feel like a simple, easy way that is consistent with the rest of the
gnome-shell "application-based" philosophy, is to have alt+tab simply
switch amongst running applications rather than windows.  I think
small snapshots of actual windows are very hard to read, and very hard
to tell what application it is as opposed to a big application icon.
I love the application-based switcher that gnome-shell currently has.
it is actually my favorite alt+tab switcher of anything I've used in
linux, I just hate the nested window portion of it which seems to
complicate and clutter things up IMO.

Just my opinion.