Re: alt-tab interface proposal

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Gregory Petrosyan
<gregory petrosyan gmail com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Richard S <corn13read gmail com> wrote:
>> Personally I like the nested alt tab that gnome. I think that the interface
>> should be a modal that semi-requires further input. This would allow a user
>> better application navigation and management.
>
> Can you please explain, *what exactly is wrong* with windows-style
> alt-tab? Too simple? Or gnome-shell should be different just for the
> sake of being different?

Sorry, I've missed David's explanation.

But nevertheless, IMHO your design is complex. Will it be easy to
explain to 70 years old person?

What about simply making alt-tab display grid of windows above
slightly grayed (full !) screen, where you can use alt-tab,
alt-shift-tab, mouse and whatever else? Seems simple to me, plus
efficient, because of either big window previews or big number of
windows displayed simultaneously.

                Gregory