Re: Is it possible to still go to gnome 2.26 even after gnome3 becomes default?

El sáb, 23-01-2010 a las 11:31 +0100, Jakub Stroleny escribió:

> Hi,
>
> there is very useful page that was written by Paul Cutler.
> Please see also the page http://live.gnome.org/GNOME3Myths.
>
> The visible difference between Gnome3 and Gnome2.xx is
> gnome-shell, but there will be possibility to switch
> to classic gnome-panel. Then you needn't stay on Gnome2.xx,
> because Gnome3 can look exactly same as previous line.
>
> I'm not familiar with ubuntu packaging process, but I
> suppose that there won't be Gnome2 available in future,
> because it has been redundant.
>
> __
> J.

I am really happy to see that I will still be able to use metacity
since, even liking a lot gnome-shell+mutter (I will probably switch to
it on machines I am able to), I own some old machines with old graphics
card that doesn't have 3D support (and, another one that have a "crashy"
3D  support (an intel one))

Thanks for the link :-)