Re: Is it possible to still go to gnome 2.26 even after gnome3 becomes default?

arshad wrote:
hi all,
im wondering this:
lets say that with ubuntu 10.10 gnome 3 becomes default.
still is it possible for me to install gnome 2.26? (if i would not be
convinced with gnome 3)

thank you.

Hi,

there is very useful page that was written by Paul Cutler.
Please see also the page http://live.gnome.org/GNOME3Myths.

The visible difference between Gnome3 and Gnome2.xx is
gnome-shell, but there will be possibility to switch
to classic gnome-panel. Then you needn't stay on Gnome2.xx,
because Gnome3 can look exactly same as previous line.

I'm not familiar with ubuntu packaging process, but I
suppose that there won't be Gnome2 available in future,
because it has been redundant.

__
J.