Re: gnome shell (workspaces)mockups

One thing that has been on my mind the last couple of days, and yet I haven't posted it, is the remember the documents I have open in many DE's. The feature that saves your current running applications when you log out and then opens them up again when you log in for your next session.

I have no insight in the mechanics behind this feature, in any DE. In KDE 3.5 it seems as if native KDE applications gets their sessions restored, opening up the documents that were running when I logged out, but non-native applications such as OpenOffice.org does not get fully restored, rather just opened.

Could anything from this restore-my-session-the-next-time-I-log-in feature in Gnome be used to save and load workspaces in Gnome-Shell? Maybe that in combination with some ghostly magic from the Zeitgeist?

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion