Re: multiple desktop usability

> While testing gnome-shell, my 4 year old daughter suddenly asked me why
> I am zooming in and out all the time and I had to admit that's exactly
> what I asked myself, too.
>
> After a while using the shell, I have noticed that the zoom effects
> started to annoy me.

If it would be just annoying...

It is actually extremely harmful for eyes.  Especially with the default
black vs. white (or at list bright) background in most application
windows.

What a "bright" idea, any time a user need to access any menu he'll have
to zoom the entire screen in/out.  Try to count how many times you access
your system menus during a day...

Add to this that switching between windows requires some zooming in/out
too.

Ask any optometrist...  A user all day long sitting down in front of a
monitor and zooming the entire screen in/out from black to white/bright
colours is going to become visually impaired very fast and permanently.

The new design is thought in all aspects but this.  The way it is now it
is a user eyes killer first of all.