Re: gnome shell (zeitgeist integration)mockups

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 17:22 +0100, dani wrote:
> > Great. +1 [but the separate places, which you have drought up in the
> > other thread, is not entirely needed. The activities is a misleading
> > name but it could just be changed to a logo or some other better name in
> > the future.]
> >
> > The recent documents section is one of the things i find the most
> > utterly un-usable feature in the gnome shell.
> >
> > Currently, the recent documents lists *every* document i have view and
> > is not useful for a workflow.
> > If i have imported an photo album and have viewed all the photos[or
> > simply browsed any file], the recent documents is now populated with
> > only those items.
> > If i now have to get back to the file i was _working on_ in the morning,
> > its a nightmare.
> >
> > There needs to be a separation/difference between the files the user has
> > edited and the files the user has browsed. Integrating the Journal would
> > be a step forward.
>
> I think you have not seen either the mockups. zeitgeist engine is
> designed for group activities in the documents.
>
> for example you looked at all the pictures as a photo album, when you
> open the documents menu will appear:
>
> + images you've seen today (dropdown menu)
> - or:
> + g-spot pictures you've seen today (dropdown menu)
>
> + images you have opened / edited (dropdown menu)
>

> PD:in this way is not a nightmare to navigate between files, it's not my
> idea its zeitgeist developers vision. i agree with them.
>
> Daniel Planas.A

Yup , i'v seen the Journal mockup by Hylke.

I was mentioning that the present situation in the gnome-shell was a
nightmare where this separation is not yet available.[we dont yet use
the zeitgeist by default]

Such separation would be good step forward...
--
Cheers,
Vishnoo