Re: gnome shell (zeitgeist integration)mockups

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 16:16 +0100, dani wrote:
> one of the most interesting things gnome shell is the ability to
> integrate with the striking new metadata engine zeitgeist.
> I made some mockups of ideas that could be functional
> hope you like.
>
> this is actual zeitgeist gui:
>
> http://www.subirimagenes.com/imagen-zeitgeist-3857664.html
>

> Mockup1
>
> http://www.subirimagenes.com/otros-zeitgeistintegratio-3857694.html
>
> -This is the orderly appearance of the documents in the active mode...
>
> Mockup 2
>
> http://www.subirimagenes.com/otros-zeitgeistintegratio-3857725.html
>
> -a restraint that you go using the computer current elements overlap
> with the oldest
>
> Mocup 3
>
> http://www.subirimagenes.com/otros-zeitgeistintegratio-3857730.html
>
> -once deployed the menu you can use all the power of zeitgeist to find
> what you want in the time
>

> Daniel.P

Great. +1 [but the separate places, which you have drought up in the
other thread, is not entirely needed. The activities is a misleading
name but it could just be changed to a logo or some other better name in
the future.]

The recent documents section is one of the things i find the most
utterly un-usable feature in the gnome shell.

Currently, the recent documents lists *every* document i have view and
is not useful for a workflow.
If i have imported an photo album and have viewed all the photos[or
simply browsed any file], the recent documents is now populated with
only those items.
If i now have to get back to the file i was _working on_ in the morning,
its a nightmare.

There needs to be a separation/difference between the files the user has
edited and the files the user has browsed. Integrating the Journal would
be a step forward.
--
Cheers,
Vishnoo