Re: Gnome-Shell Proposed Mock Up

The two most used OSs, Mac and Windows, includes some sort of search tool to launch applications and find documents tightly integrated with the DE and file mananger. I know several users that until I told them did not know that you could search in Nautilus, or did know that you could but search but never used it because they thought that it didn't work.

Personally I never let the finger leave the keyboard when I want to launch an application, Gnome Do flips the switch from 'magic' to 'more magic'[1]. Admittedly I may not be the general user, but if the search function becomes something obvious to the user, easily found and easy to use. A Gnome Do with integration with Zeitegeist or the magic of Gnome Do capsuled in a less C# way with Zeitegeist could work very well for this.

[1] http://catb.org/jargon/html/magic-story.html

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion