Re: interapplication communication

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Natan Yellin <aantny gmail com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Samuel Arthur Wright Illingworth
> <mazz0 mazz0 com> wrote:
>>>
>>> At the Zeitgeist hackfest we designed a bar which pops down at the top of
>>> the screen and shows recent documents. [1] Assuming that I understand the
>>> concept of activities, that bat could serve (with a few modifications) as a
>>> replacement for the window list. Here's how it would work:
>>> 1. Instead of showing all recent documents, the bar would show recent
>>> documents which are related to the currently open documents. For example, if
>>> I have a pdf file open then the bar would show all of the other reference
>>> papers whether they're still open or not.

Yes, that s what I had in mind, like that I am not the only one. I
like your screenshot but I would like it  to have more space, like a
compiz scale where the current window is a little bigger than the
other related windows. It also makes sense to use the info that the
user has already closed some of the reference papers, and add a way to
quickly change between seeing only open reference papers and all (or
either have recently closed like in firefox)

greetings,

jose