Re: Window management pie menu

2010/4/15 Joern Konopka <cldx3000 googlemail com>
Hi Guys, just spraying a little bit of ugly realism into this Discussion, honestly, i like the PieThrower, but i like to refer to my Mother coming to Computers, shes using Ubuntu because i lured her into it and everytime i see a new Feature im thinking "Could she be taking advantage of that?"

Yes
It would provide here with intuitive way of moving her window out of her way to some place where she wants it. To not simply rehash what's previously been said I will provide a usecase:

The user is viewing her inbox at work. She opens up an email from a colleague providing a link to a funny film. She does not want to watch this at the moment since she is working trough her email making her schedule for the day so she throws over the film to a new workspace to the left so that she can watch it later.
During the same session she gets an instant message from one of her coworkers who wishes to discuss details around one of their projects. Not having finished her schedule yet she politely tells her that he will chat with her in a moment and throws the window to the left along with her other chat windows.

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion