Re: Window management pie menu

2010/4/15 Kaj-Ivar van der Wijst <kaj-ivar vanderwijst com>
Thanks for the good idea. I really like the concept. However, this isn't very useful when there are three or more desktops in linear view. Does anyone has other ideas to solve this issue?

You could instead of arrows have each workspace represented by their number, and require the user to press the button of the workspace they want to send the window too.

But that would break the design. Instead of being an absolute nobrainer where the users drag in the direction they want it becomes a complex menu where the user has to think, now where did I want that application to go? That is a complex menu like the rightclick menu, and by the way, I really like the looks of your right-click menu Thorsten Wilms.

The PieThrower is a very simple design that allows the user to without having to think more about it get that window to another workspace. More complex operations take more time and there is already an interface for these more time-consuming operations, both trough the right-click menu and the Activities overlay.

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion