Re: Window management pie menu

I really like the looks of your right-click menu Thorsten Wilms.

+1

Thanks for the good idea. I really like the concept. However, this isn't very useful when there are three or more desktops in linear view. Does anyone has other ideas to solve this issue?

You could instead of arrows have each workspace represented by their number, and require the user to press the button of the workspace they want to send the window too.

This could be hidden from the user so that it doesn't clutter the view, but if they happen to know the workspace they want to send it to, they could press the number (on the keyboard) when PieThrower is open and the window would be sent to that workspace.

We could also add a second level to the PieThrower with a double arrow that moves the window by two (or more) workspaces (if there are enough workspaces in that direction). Since this would only be visible when the user has enough workspaces open, it would stay out of the way of most people, keeping it as simple and clean as possible.

Thoughts?