Re: desktop scrolling

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Clive Wagenaar wrote:
> I would like to propose a slightly different thing: in the
> overview (in one-desktop-at-a-time mode) there is an horizontal
> scrollbar to switch between workspaces. I find myself continuosly
> scrolling horizontally on the touchpad (with two-finger horizontal
> scrolling) to switch workspace, but it does not work. Could this be
> implemented? :)
>
> --
> Gianluca Inverso

Gianluca

It is only confusing, if it is on by default, it is not confusing for
someone that manually seeks out the option and enables it themselves.

Clive

Hmm, so you feel that enabling scrolling on the desktop is not confusing, but horizontal scrolling in the overview is?
If there is an horizontal scrollbar, I expect horizontal scrolling with touchpad buttons 6 and 7 to work just as in Nautilus, Evince and every other program. Of course, we could question if a scrollbar is really needed in the overview...

--
Gianluca