Re: desktop scrolling

On Sun, 2010-04-04 at 18:57 -0400, Alex Launi wrote:
> I think it should be pointed out that this was explicitly disable in
> compiz under Ubuntu due to usability testing the Canonical UX team
> did. This feature confused the hell out of most users they tested.
> Power users are aware of it, but for most users when your desktop
> randomly switches it's very unsettling.
>
> --
> --Alex Launi

Hi Alex

Thanks for that Ubuntu info, I do use Ubuntu amongst other distros.
I was involved in testing the bug report where they disabled
it/scrolling via the 100 paper cuts and the option to put it back on in
ccsm did not stick at first. It was then a gcionf hack until ccsm/compiz
was fixed after they broke the option.

Ubuntu has now moved buttons to the left as I am sure you are all a
where, so referencing Canonical in relation to UX will seem very rich
for many folk.
Refer to the bug report,that is over 600 comments deep, as test users
vent their disappointment at Mark and Canonical, for what many see is
very poor judgement:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-themes/+bug/532633

I personally have no problem if the option I requested to scroll between
desktops is not on by default, but non the less, it would be nice to
have it as a option, like Ubuntu, Compiz, KDE and XFCE.

Thanks again