Re: Will breadcrumbs eventually be the default??

Thanks for the answer. I guess I'll be checking your work in more detail next week when I get some free time. It's sad however to see there are no plans to add this to the default shell, since the current way of adding this and keeping it up to date doesn't seem very friendly...Hope that things get worked out, so at least if things like this aren't added by default, they could be added as plugins in the future (don't know if this is actually possible though for the livecrumbs).

Cheers!

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Jon Nettleton <jon nettleton gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 01:33 -0300, Pablo Marchant wrote:
> Just today I got to know breadcrumbs, and it looks pretty good. I
> tried to look for info to see if it will eventually be included by
> default, but I haven't managed to find anything recent on this. Does
> anyone here handles more recent information on the subject?

Hi Pablo,

I picked up the original breadcrumbs designed by
Sander Dijkhuis and created the "livecrumbs" idea.  This idea is not
part of the main goals of gnome-shell and will never be a default
element in gnome-shell.

I am currently working on the newest incarnation of breadcrumbs to help
bring it in line with some of the new design ideas in gnome-shell, in
particular the alt+tab box.  I am hoping I will have it ready to be
unveiled later this week and made available.

If you have specific ideas about it please contact me directly.

Thanks for your interest. You can checkout http://linux4kix.blogspot.com
for updates on my work.

Jon