Calendar Implementation

So in the latest build, clicking the date shows the calendar.  Currently it just shows the calendar and that is it.  Are there plans to have it work with evolution (or whatever email client)?

I've also noticed that the calendar dropdown is available while in overlay but the user menu in the upper right is not.  I feel that either both or neither should be available in overlay.

Slightly off topic, having the date show in the middle illustrates that themes were the title of a  window is center isn't really center of the window, but center of the remaining space left after min/max/close.  Would this sort of thing be fixed in GTK+3?