GShell observations

I've been doing some Gnome Shell testing and, while I'm pleased with the
design and new metaphor, there is one thing  I think urgently needs
help:

 App switching: Alt-Tab is great as a shorcut and better than the old
Alt-Tab we have in current GNOME, the Activities button requires 2
clicks to change the app. I miss the old taskbar :(
  -I think this can be solved with a dropdown menu on the app titlebar
(the one in the top panel), and choose from there.