Re: Trying the shell

2009/11/21 Steven Stern <subscribed-lists sterndata com>:
> *  Not all my applets transferred.  Can I add applets to the top bar?
> Specifically, weather.

No. The sidebar is planned to replace this functionality. (Mind, the
sidebar is not even fully designed yet).

> *  Is there a halfway point between showing on the currently active
> window name next to "activities" on the top bar and the Windows style of
> showing all open apps on the bar?  Sometimes I need to remember what I'm
> actually doing or have an easy way to flip back and forth among windows.
> Alt-Tab isn't quite it.

The overview is supposed to do that. Click Activities or just point at
the top-left corner.

Showing only the current activity is intended to reduce distractions
from other apps when you're focusing on a single task. It also removes
the need for certain programs to “hide out of the way” in the
notification area.