Suggestions for Gnome Shell.

Gnome Shell seems like a great idea, but with most projects relating to Linux I try and voice my opinion to promote more community involvement in projects.

There are several things I suggest:

When you click the Activities button and you see all of your windows in thumbnail format, we should be able to delete the active windows from there. I would like to be able to right click on that thumbnail of that program and have the option to close it. That would make managing open applications so much easier since I could just see what's all running and right click - close, right click - close, right click - close, and bam I have all of my unused applications closed.

And one thing that is a very small pet peeve that I would like to see changed is the "more" button for applications is kind of small. Look at all of the empty space in between the actual word "Applications" and the word "More". Let's utilize that space a little more. Why not chop it - 50/50. Left side is not a button, just a section to say APPLICATIONS like it cu rrently does. Right side is a bigger button spanning across the entire right side to display "More."

I'd also like to have the option to expand to the right the options in the Places menu. When you hit more for applications, your available applications kick to the right. I'd like to be able to right click and have a menu kick out to the right with the contents of "pictures" or "music" or whatever I right clicked. That would allow the single left click to still be the real controller on launching that window in full screen. I think that option would be a nice one to have.

And lastly, that top panel - I'd like to see it be customizable. I want to add my system monitor there. I want to see what my activity is on my computer as I use it since it also doubles as a backup/file server. I want to add some simple widgets there for my own customizable purposes.

These are just a few suggestions I have. Just trying to do my part as an Ubuntu/Gnome user to help out where I can.

Thank you for your time!
-J