Re: voice commands in gnome-shell?

Ross Smith wrote:
> Now, I'm no huge fan of using voice for everything, but it does has
> one big advantage over everything else - it doesn't interrupt your use
> of the computer, and that seems to fit in well with the limitations I
> had before naming workspaces.

> I can think of a few other times it might be nice to have voice control too:

I think you're confusing on-screen interruption with cognitive interruption.

The fact that I have to switch my cognitive focus from working on a
document, say, to renaming the workspace is just as big as interruption
as renaming it with a mouse and keyboard.

Just because the screen components are relatively unchanged does not
mean that this is a cost-free operation.