Re: Activities [was Re: Subtracting workspaces]

2009/5/3 Dan Winship <danw gnome org>
Anton Kerezov wrote:
> But if someone wants to close an activity (represented by workspace)

OK, lots of people are confused about this. The workspaces do not
represent activities, they represent workspaces, just like in the
current GNOME desktop.

That's true but I would like to have settings to associate an activity with a workspace as I do now. There is no point in havein one activity spead in several workspaces, at least to me.

The label generally sucks and there was discussion about changing it, except no one could
come up with anything we liked any better.

Yes the label is a bit confusing because it does not represent a list of activities in any way but is showing the System (file or physical). So I suggest we rename it to System or Computer (we may in the future refer to it by voice and associate this 'Computer' with a certain name and to call it Joe open a workspace ... ;) but that is too far way in the future)

Anton