Re: Window Trays (instead of lists and titles) mockup

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Anton Kerezov <ankere gmail com> wrote:

> [...]

That would be interesting to see.

I think that if a new way of interacting with windows is created it should
be seamless and very comfortable for all or at least 90% of the people. In
your mockup I can't imagine how would we switch windows that are behind one
in fullscreen/maximized mode. Also there is a problem with the titlebar
appearing on different sides of the window because you will not know where
it will popup. Probably we should make more use of Alt+Drag and have no
other controls but icon and manager buttons (imo integrated in the
menus/newmenubars would look cool)?
How about hiding the window's titlebar by default in order to save space. If the window is active we'll show the title bar when the user mouses over the side of a window. If the window is inactive, we'll show the titlebar as a tab on the side of the window when the user moves the mouse over the window. The tab (which would have a drag handle, the minimize/maximize buttons, and the window title) would be placed on the side of the window which is closest to their mouse.

Natan