RE: Window Trays (instead of lists and titles) mockup

Le jeudi 04 juin 2009 à 08:37 +0300, Anton Kerezov a écrit :
> That would be interesting to see.
I really think that would need to be experimented with some basic
implementation to see how this performs. There are nice ideas, but also
many different issues that I'd like to see whether/how we can solve
them. Playing with window management is made easier with JS and that's a
ground where we should try everything we can - since so little has been
done for some time.

> I think that if a new way of interacting with windows is created it should
> be seamless and very comfortable for all or at least 90% of the people. In
> your mockup I can't imagine how would we switch windows that are behind one
> in fullscreen/maximized mode. Also there is a problem with the titlebar
> appearing on different sides of the window because you will not know where
> it will popup. Probably we should make more use of Alt+Drag and have no
> other controls but icon and manager buttons (imo integrated in the
> menus/newmenubars would look cool)?
In maximized mode, maybe we could keep a hot screen edge that would show
the window bars, or do it next to the sidebar. About the side of the
window where the control bar should appear, I think we could just show
it on the side that is the closest to the mouse pointer, when that side
is not out of the screen. That would be very easy to reach.

BTW, are there any news about Sander's breadcrumbs? Is it something
that's going to be kept?