A nicer overlay

Hi, my name is Billy. I really like the way that the gnome shell is coming and wanted to contribute some ideas. I was thinking how to make the overlay that appears when "Activities" is clicked look better when I remembered an old Windows mockup that could work for the overlay. The mockup is here
http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/diamondanim.jpg
Here is what it could look like for the gnome shell:
http://i27.tinypic.com/a5c5fn.png
http://i25.tinypic.com/2mcamwx.png
Obviously it would have to be tweaked to work with the gnome shell and fit into the general gnome look, but I think it is better than the current overlay.