Re: Global menubar (was Re: #4 on ToDo list: make the top panel prettier)

An alternative would be to disable focus-follows-mouse when switching
to the global menu bar layout. My opinion is that nobody uses their
computer in the same way, so the desktop environment should not try to
impose any kind of limitations on the user, flexibility is key in
winning the users' hearts. That means gnome should provide both ways
to interact "out of the box" as well as an easy way to configure it.