Re: Global menubar (was Re: #4 on ToDo list: make the top panel prettier)

2009/1/27 Brian Fleeger <brianfleeger yahoo com>:
>>You seem to assume click-to-focus.
>>How would you deal with focus-follows mouse?
>
> You are correct in that I was assuming most users would be using
> click-to-focus.  However, even with focus-follows mouse, where the focus
> automatically shifts to whichever window over which the mouse moves, the
> menu could still keep up with the changing active windows.  In that sense,
> it would be just like click-to-focus behavior.

You're forgetting one thing: If the menus would change with the focus
when using focus-follows-mouse, then when I'm working in a window in
the lower right corner, accessing the menu becomes a game of having to
avoid any other window on my path to the menu, otherwise that would be
focused and the menu would switch. Clearly not acceptable.

When using focus-follows-mouse, the menu would probably have to wait
until the window is clicked or the first keystroke goes to it...?