Re: tasklist/reusing gnome-panel

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Rui Tiago Cação Matos <tiagomatos gmail com> wrote:
2009/1/14 Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan club fr>:
> But I was just suggesting you have a look - there may be better ideas.
> Since you want to reinvent the panel, every option should be
> interesting.

Indeed, and as such, ideas like the ones being used for the new
Windows 7's panel[1] could be used as an inspiration.

[1] http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/windows-7-beta.ars
Yes.

I'd love to get rid of the toolbar entirely, but if we're going to have some sort of panel then Windows 7's toolbar is the right idea.

Especially if we're trying to think in terms of Activities and not individual windows, it doesn't make sense to clutter the screen with separate tasklists, launchers, and systray icons.

(A similar idea was actually floating around on the Ubuntu forums in 2006.  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=320315)