Re: Saving Activity/Workspace state?

Le jeudi 29 janvier 2009, à 11:15 +0100, Milan Bouchet-Valat a écrit :
> Le mercredi 28 janvier 2009 à 18:48 -0800, coulamac a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just subscribed to the list and have been perusing the archives.
> > Owen Taylor's message
> > (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2009-January/msg00033.html)
> > caught my eye.  I think the Activity/Workspace ideas are intriguing.
> >
> > My main question is this: can you save a workspace state?
> Currently: no. Actually there's no (committed) code for activities yet.
> But I guess we can use gnome-session to save the activity state when the
> user closes it, if it's what he wants - just like we do in GNOME (or did
> in 2.22 before it's been broken) to save running apps' state when
> closing the whole session. That would be an interesting feature.

gnome-session itself would need to be modified to support saving a
subpart of the session -- we wouldn't want to save the whole session.
This can actually lead to some quite interesting problems. Eg, you can
have the same application doing two different things in two activities.

But that doesn't sound impossible ;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.