Re: Application Switcher

Samuel Arthur Wright Illingworth wrote:
> [...] making Alt Tab a mechanism for switching between windows in the
> current activity, you've got the activities overlay for switching
> between activities [...] If we're going to differentiate between activities and
> windows then we need different ways of switching between the two.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The Shell is built upon two views:
"activities overview" and "concrete activity". You should not need to go
to the overview if you intend to keep working in the same activity. That
is why I think that restricting Alt-Tab to the current activity makes
sense (and that is why I also support having some sort of window list).

> Personally, I'm against the focus on Applications. To me it's not
> about the tool I'm using, it's about what I'm doing with it. That's
> why the windows I'm using for my current activity are on the current
> workspace and other windows of the same applications are on other
> workspaces, for different activities.

Again, I fully agree. The Shell is focused in activities, yet
functionality for advanced users is focused in applications? That
doesn't make much sense to me.

The whole point of the Shell is to get users to distribute their
applications and documents across different workspaces that map the
different activities that they are carrying on. The user interface
should be consistent with this idea.

Felipe