Fwd: Application Switcher

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rovanion Luckey <rovanion luckey gmail com>
Date: 2009/12/29
Subject: Re: Application Switcher
To: Carlos Martín Nieto <carlos cmartin tk>

Yes I'm talking about countries in asia and all over the world. If you
wish only to look at the western world there are many countries in
eastern europe who do not use qwerty. And along that there are english
speaking persons who do use Dvorak. But it sounds like the wasd
feuture isn't going to be going mainstream anyways. The result being
that there is no onehand way to orient trough the alt-tab application
switcher.

Anyhow, this idea can be broken down into two separate ideas, one much
easier to implement than the other:

The first idea being that currently marked application should be
chosen when alt is released rather than the application switcher being
shut down. Pressing and releseing alt again in the window chooser will
then activate the marked window.

The second idea being clutterifying the application switcher so to
make the windows easier recognize. Maybe have all the windows
belonging to an application halfhidden underneath the icon for the
application and then when the application is hovered/chosen the
windows are shown side-by-side.