Re: All GNOME Shell Developers.

> Reiner Jung wrote:
> this top menu thing is not that confusing you are just not used to it.
> This is one thing most people have to learn a bit when they switch from
> Windows to MacOS

True. I hated MacOS, until I had to use it every day for six months. You _do_ get used to it. I even ended up liking it. For this reason alone I'll be testing G-S for some time from now on as primary shell on my home computer, so I can get more used to it before giving any criticism (except for, err, I want window management mouse-wise without zooming out, I can tell that already :)

Apart from that, I'm not saying Gnome 3.0 should feature a global menubar (and the current plans aren't, they're just to move a few global options over there, correct me if I'm wrong). I was just saying: _something_ needs to be done with the topbar or else it's a waste of space.

Then of course, there's something like the design philosophy. Some people might know this article I just stumbled upon: http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2009/01/dock-and-windows-7-taskbar.ars
Now for G-S the main focus seems to be Applications, while one would think that it would be Activities. Meaning that in G-S you do not think in terms of applications or documents anymore, but in terms of activities, and any activity is linked to one or more applications or documents. I like the idea, though I don't know what it would mean in a practical sense. But now that G-S appears to be Application-focused I'm not sure whether it still has focus at all. Oh well, just some thoughts.

-Wouter