Re: Re: All GNOME Shell Developers.

I haven't used a global menu bar but what I've seen from youtube videos ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PtOzhToq7o&NR=1 ) I have to agree with you - I don't like the idea so much. It doesn't save that much space and like the guy in the video describes it's a bit awkward to select a window and then go to the top of the screen for the menu...

But I like the idea for maximized apps - global menu bar and window name ( which is there already ) on the top panel so you can remove both menu bar and window border ( that part at the top where you can maximize/close the window... I don't know how it's called ). I guess that that would save up some space. And when you'd go to multiple windows at the same time they would be the same as they are now.