Re: Custom Launcher

If you create a launcher in the normal way (right-click on desktop,
choose create launcher from popup menu) and drop it in the hidden
directory .local/share/applications then gnome-shell will pick it up
both in search and in the More-Menu where you can drag it to
Favourites.

To view hidden files and folders in nautilus either press Crtl-H or
tick the box in the View menu