Re: sidebar enhancements

i'm trying to test if the focused app is hiding the sidebar. for this
i'm using:

Shell.WindowTracker.get_default().focus_app.get_windows()

this is a list of Meta.Windows. the problem i have now, is that the
method get_rect() of the MetaWindow does not work ("Don't know how to
release GArgument: not an object or boxed type" if i try it in lg).
is there something i missed, or is there an other way to get the
geometry of the windows of an application?
any help would be appreciated

flo