Issue with alt-tab usage on multiple instances of same application

This isn't a bug per-se, more an extreme usage issue.

for this usage case, open multiple instances of the same application in any workspace(s) you have running.

In my case, using a resolution of 1920 x 1080. I would open 9 gnome-terminals.

when I alt tab, it shows an icon for gnome-terminal with an arrow to indicate multiple instances - this is fine.

when I go to the gnome terminal icon, it only shows 7 of the 9 open instances although it does scale the thumbnails a bit smaller than they would be if there were only 2 or three open application instances, it does not display them small enough to show them all.

Should it not scale them smaller, or at least have some sort of scroll to show intances that would be displayed if the desktop was longer?

I noticed I can scroll (using the roller on the mouse) through the various instances or use the arrow keys and it will appear to move through all the instances... even to the ones not displayed.

Hope this is useful to you!

Glen Patras.