How to enable root password notification applet?

Hi, I'm a RH9 (Shrike) user, and I've started with a minimal installation and installed just the packages I need, including the basic gnome packages.

When starting an application that requires root permissions, a password field pops up and the root access is stored in memory until I log out. The root access notification applet, the small keychain in the taskbar doesn't show up, however. Which packages is required for it to work, and do I have to enable it manually to make it work?

-Øystein