Re: Installing and running redhat gnome in parallel with cvs

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:45:48PM -0400, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> For the past few months i've been running cvs exclusively on my machine.
> However, now that I'm going back to school I need something that is a little
> bit more dependable :p
>
> What I'd like to do is set up two users. One that uses Redhat gnome and one
> that uses a jhbuild installed cvs gnome. In the past I've run into problems
> with searchpaths etc. I was wondering what other people do to get this work.
> Do they hack their bashrc file to first check /opt/gnome2/bin before
> /usr/bin?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think it's as simple as putting "jhbuild run gnome-session" in
your ~/.Xclients and chmod +x ~/.Xclients

Though I have a little script that predates jhbuild that sets PATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH and so forth.

Havoc

#! /bin/bash
export UNST_HOME=/unst
export C_INCLUDE_PATH=$UNST_HOME/include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$UNST_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $UNST_HOME/share/aclocal"
export PATH=$UNST_HOME/bin:$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$UNST_HOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export GNOME_LIBCONFIG_PATH=$UNST_HOME/lib:$GNOME_LIBCONFIG_PATH
export CCACHE_DIR=/tmp/ccache
## export GCONF_LOCAL_LOCKS=1
$*