Re: I want my old fonts back!

Hi,

You have two options. If you don't want to have font aliasing at all,
simply unset the GDK_USE_XFT variable. Or, if you want font aliasing,
but only for very big fonts, you could edit /etc/X11/XftConfig, and
change one the "match" section:
[ ... ]

OK, thanks for the detailed explanation.

I still don't think this is ideal, though. It seems to me that I can use *only* Xft (with our without aliasing, which is good) or *only* non-Xft fonts. Why can't I have both, i.e. all fonts available listed in the selection dialogues?

- Toralf