I want my old fonts back!

I'm not sure I like these "anti-aliased" fonts in release 2 of GNOME/Gtk that everyone is making such a fuss about. They make it look to me as the text is not quite in focus, if you know what I mean.

So I'd really like to get my plain, old Post Script (or even bitmap) fonts back in the panel etc., but there seems to be no way to select them. Why?

Well, maybe I'll change my mind and decide I like the "new" fonts after all, but I still can't see why we should just throw away the old ones. Comments, anyone?
--
Toralf