Re: I want my old fonts back!

Hi,

You have two options. If you don't want to have font aliasing at all,
simply unset the GDK_USE_XFT variable. Or, if you want font aliasing,
but only for very big fonts, you could edit /etc/X11/XftConfig, and
change one the "match" section:

# Don't antialias small fonts
#
match
        any size < 12
        any size > 8
        edit antialias=false;

#
# Don't antialias wingding symbols and similar types of symbol fontsets
#
match
        any family == "webdings"
        edit antialias = false;
        encoding += "glyphs-fontspecific";
match
        any family == "wingdings"
        edit antialias = false;
        encoding += "glyphs-fontspecific";

Or you may add those on your own ~/.xftconfig file.

Cheers,

Simon Piette

* Toralf Lund (toralf kscanners com) [020916 07:07]: