Re: Recovering from a crash

Dan, did you somehow accidentally remove/uninstall some Gnome packages?
Try checking to see if you have GDM installed (rpm -q gdm). You may have
accidentally uninstalled it with some dependencies or something.

Can you still log in to Gnome at all? Even from the X login screen?

Try launching nautilus manually (open a terminal like xterm and run it).

Hope this is at least a start. --Link