Re: libreadline

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 11:46:28PM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 19:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I have no idea what the actual situation with readline is,
> > however. What error do you get? Has the major version simply changed,
> > or is some symbol missing? Maybe there's a compat package you could
> > install?
>
> Ah, yeah, looks like there is a compat package.  Thanks, I hadn't seen
> that.  I didn't force the install with  rpm showing "so and so requires
> libreadline.so.4.1", since that's generally asking for trouble.

  Hum, isn't there a more obvious problem with libreadline ? Last time
I checked it was GPL not LGPL, so no GNOME library should require it
(though it's fine for apps to require it), otherwise the problems associated
with strictly GPL'ed libraries arose.
  Can someone clarify our requirement on libreadline ?

Daniel