Re: tiff print in gnome-print

Lutz Müller wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 09:52 +0100, PChot wrote:
So naturaly i try to find out what i have to do that this will work in
gnome. I try to find out how is "GNOME-PDF-WRITER.xml " created and
how can i use it for template but i don't have much luck.

All GNOME printing work is now done within gtk. See
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/Printing.html.
Well. This is not strictly true. Only applications which have migrated over to use the new GTK+ 2.10.x printing API has this. The list of GNOME apps I knew about todate are evince, yelp, epiphany, and gimp. There may be other apps have adopted the new printing API that I do not know off :) For example, I know gedit still uses lignomeprint
in GNOME 2.16.

I think (but I'm not sure) that they use cairo for actual rendering. You
would therefore need to write a tiff backend for cairo
(http://www.cairographics.org/).
 The GTK+ printing does uses cairo for rendering.

-Ghee
Regards