Re: 2.8

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 18:32 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> > > I'd definitely like to see eggcups included in gnome-cups-manager.
> >
> > Included as a subdirectory of the current module?
>
> Yes.  If we can stabilize it in time, and support a non-patched
> cupsd it could supplant gnome-cups-icon

I was thinking about this a bit more, and it seems to me there's a bit
of a purpose clash between eggcups and gnome-cups-manager.  Eggcups is
focused solely on the display and control of a particular user's jobs.
g-c-m (minus gnome-cups-icon) is much more of an administratively-
focused module.

On a technical level, I'm not sure what code they would share besides
libgnomeprint.

The other problem is that I'm not sure I personally will have time to
make sure the non-DBUS cups setup works at least in the 2.8 timeframe.
So the gnome-cups-icon code could stay around in the short to medium
term until upstreaming the cups D-BUS work is technically and
politically feasible.

So if there are no objections I'd like to just import eggcups into the
GNOME CVS as a new toplevel module.