Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

Ben Woodard wrote:
> Miguel you and your team write to the API. We can either do this as
> a traditional shared library that applications call or we can make
> it a component.

Isn't this what Corel's APS library does?

> I think that most of the work will have to go into the "enumerate
> capabilities of printer" portion of the API.

Right; FWIW, CUPS already provides this functionality through the
CUPS API (which is LGPL'd and handles all of the IPP/HTTP protocol
and PPD stuff for your app)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com