Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

> Second, there are existing, implemented, and supported printing
> solutions based on LPD and IPP.  LPD sucks but can support basic
> PostScript printing without too much trouble.  IPP is the best
> replacement available, is already supported by CUPS, and provides
> a application/toolkit-neutral interface for printing and getting
> printer information - namely IPP.  GNOME-print with an IPP interface
> would provide all of the current functionality in a networked
> environment.  GNOME applications can provide output in the sRGB
> colorspace and the printing system and drivers can provide the
> color, font, etc. management from there.

So?  IPP is just a transport.

I was talking about device drivers, I think you keep getting confused.

My post was a reply to `How do you handle having 100 drivers'.  Here I
am assuming we have 100 different printers, so a 100 different device
drivers are required (that is what people asked me how to handle).

Personally, I can live with Postscript because that is what I have,
but we want to address the mass population.

So they ask me that, I come up with a solution, and you reply with a
transport protocol, who has nothing to do with the imaging system.

Miguel.