Re: [Gnome-print] GnomePrintSettings

Hello,

> > Are you going to have the ability to disable widgets if the driver
> > does not support a particular feature?
>
> Well, the GnomePrintSettings are only going to be used for settings
> that are set by both the print dialog and the application. Like
> Orientation & Paper Size. This settings are often found inside apps
> and are also inside the print dialog & Config dialog of the printer.

How many settings are you going to provide?  Is is just going to be
orientation (there could be up to 4 values, btw) and paper size?
Would you consider other common options such as monochrome/color,
copies, the paper tray, n-up, duplexing?  Once you start including
these, I was asking if you would have the ability of disabling features
if the printer driver does not support it.  You could also simulate
some of the features.

Also, are you going to pass the translated form names around?  If so,
then you would have problems printing from a German client to a
Japanese server if a metafile is printed (instead of printer specific
format).

> So this object is going to be used only for those settings. Regarding
> your questions, we don't need to disable any widgets for a particular
> printer, it works the other way arround we only create the widgets
> that the printer is specified to create. [This are the GpaSettings]

Is the dialog going to be placed in the driver or in gnome-print-admin?

Thanks,
Mark