Re: [Gnome-print] GnomePrintSettings

Chema:   I still struggle with an architecture that has separate static
database for storing the options available on the currently installed
printer driver.   While I agree that the system must store and know the
available options for the installed printer set and subsequently present
them to an application or user interface,   the mechanism for populating
and synchronizing this storage facility must be worked out.   A standard
installer which queries each printer driver at a defined API interface
would  make administration and synchronization of the system data
automatic.     We need to spend some time unifying an interface into
various printer drivers so that job options can be queried without
additional administration.

Regards,
Mark VanderWiele
IBM, Linux Technology Center